Sunday, September 9, 2012

MIXTAPE: Joey Bada$$ - 1999 Rejex

 Brooklyn bad boy or should I say Bada$$...okay bad wordplay, but thats the exact opposite of what this new mixtape from the kid Joey has. Consisting of 12 throw away tracks that didnt make "1999" you would think it was a whole new mixtape. Joey explains what the project meant to him here...
“1999 rejex” is a compilation of tracks that didn’t make it to my debut mixtape “1999″ (obviously). I decided to put this project together because I have a lot of unreleased material that I didn’t want to keep from the ears of my fans and supporters. I also have a couple of tracks on here I did when I was 15 years old (“little rachel”, “indubitable”, and “silent knight”) and I want to show people the progress I’ve made in a couple of years. The remaining songs (“flowers pt. I”, “catharsis”, “panty raid”, “fantum” and “update”) are tracks I dropped prior to the release of ’99 as promo only. I look at “rejex” as my more experimental side compared to ’99. Putting together these two projects even taught me a lil sumchin about my evolution as an artist and individual. Watch me go from “Joey B4 DA $$” to the “Joey BA DA $$” If you know what eye mean.. Haha” 
-Joey Bada$$
Download Rejex here.
HONORABLE DOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment